The Most Advanced Surgical Techniques
According to the American Institute of Minimally Invasive Surgery (AIMIS), the key benefits of more advanced minimally invasive surgery (MIS) include:
- Increased safety – smaller incisions create less trauma to the body and far less bleeding and blood loss
- Decreased scarring – most incisions are a fraction of an inch, versus 4-6 inches (or more) for traditional ‘open’ surgery
- Faster recovery – recovery from traditional ‘open’ surgeries typically takes six to eight weeks, patients who have undergone minimally invasive procedures usually recover in only two
- Decreased length of hospital stay – most MIS procedures are associated with a scheduled outpatient surgery or 23 hour discharge
Additionally, it is typical that with less surgical trauma, patients can anticipate less pain, fewer complications, and less opportunity for post-op infection.
Specific Techniques Used by Prime Surgeons
Prime Surgeons are the best of the best, the Surgeon’s Surgeon. They make use of the most advanced minimally invasive surgical techniques which can include:
- Robotic procedures: Most robotic surgical systems have 4-arms that include a video camera arm and mechanical arms with surgical instruments attached to them. The surgeon controls the robot from a console that provides a high-definition, magnified, 3-D view of the surgical site. Surgery can at times be carried out almost scarlessly in a fraction of the time of a normal operation.
- Laparascopic procedures: Skilled surgeons use a laparascope, or fiber-optic cable based video camera to assist with surgery. They use the video camera and a high resolution These procedures use very small incisions (a fraction of an inch) at easily accessible locations to reduce the potential for complications and decrease scarring and recovery time.
- Microscope-assisted procedures: Suitably trained surgeons use a special lighted microscope placed through a small incision to carry out very fine surgical work. These procedures typically enable faster recovery and less chance for complications due to the precise nature of the surgery.
To protect your life and your lifestyle, it is recommended that you work with a Prime Surgeon who is skilled in the most advanced surgical techniques.